Sunday, June 3, 2012

What an Experience with the Kids (Friday,6/1-Sunday, 6/3)

Happy June to all of you.

Friday with the Maldoffs

I stayed with the Maldoff's for the whole day. Mrs. Christy Maldoff gave me instructions and tips on how to run a Sunday School with the Kindergartners. I never worked with kids that young before let alone teaching them both the Bible story and the character story. I do not what I am going to get into when that time comes. That afternoon, I prepared for my Sunday school class and one of the lessons that I am going to teach at Mildura Christian College. For the evening when the girls came back from school, I spent time with the family at dinner and played the Trivia Video Game Buzz with Pastor Steve and Sarah!!! (Those of you have been to the Maldoff's know what that game is. :) That day was a good relaxing day for me.

Saturday-Men's Prayer Breakfast

In 7:30 AM, a group of men had breakfast together at one of the church family's home. We had breakfast together with bacon & egg sandwich grilled by one of the guys and hot drinks. Then we men went inside the house studying 2 Samuel 11-12 which is about David's great sin against Bathsheba and Uriah. We had a very good and profitable discussion at the table. I was really blessed. For the rest of the day, I mainly spent time running outside in the city of Mildura and then prepared for my Sunday School lesson on Sunday. By the way, the food tasted good, but a lot of cholesterol.



Sunday-Sunday School

I got to teach in front of six children that were five years old and younger. I thought it was a rough first day as far as getting through the lesson to the children. A couple of kids had their small seats and they were coming closer to me as I was teaching. By the time I finished teaching, they were all sitting right in front of me. One of the kids would stop grabbing on me while I was teaching. It was discouraging that my first day did not go so well. But I did enjoy working with these young kids though. I can say that preparation and organization would help greatly in running this Sunday school more smoothly and I will be doing it again next week. For the rest of the day, I am relaxing with the Maldoffs and preparing for the lessons that I will be teaching this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment