Friday, June 22, 2012

Highlights of Adelaide (Thursday, 6/14-Thursday 6/21)

Brenton Honeychurch, the Pastor of Southwest Baptist Church from Brighton, South Australia, picked me up from the Adelaide Bus Station to his home. They have set a room available for me to sleep for the next two weeks.

I got to help out in various ministries at the church. On Friday evening, I got to lead the memory verse and a game related to the memory verse. After the Kid's club was the  Youth Group. I got to observe both the games, the devotion, and the fellowship with the Youth Group. There were about twenty people (ranging from teenagers all the way to the upper twenties). I had a lot of fun there and we end up staying at the church until late that night.

On Sunday, I got to play my saxophone during Sunday morning service and the piano on Sunday evening. The congregation size was a little bigger than Maldoff's church in Mildura. The people in the church treated have treated kindly. I recognized a lot of the people in the church especially the young people who were at camp last year. It was nice to see them again.

On Tuesday, I went to a Young Adult Bible study where Pastor's son Aaron led the Bible Study going over the book of Galatians. Everyone participated in the Bible Study and it was very enjoyable and profitable.

On Thursday, Pastor woke me up at 6:30 in the morning to go to Men's Prayer Time. There were only four of us and we all prayed together especially for the upcoming winter camp.
Later that day, I went to an adult Bible study going over the 7 seal judgments, 7 trumpet judgments, and the 7 vial judgments. After that, one man who picked me up from the Bible study took me to lunch at a Vietnamese Restaurant. We had a good conversation and the man shared his salvation testimony how God changed his life over the last 6 years. His testimony has encouraged my heart.


Throughout the week, I enjoyed the food that Mrs. Honeychurch cooks. They treat me very well. I also got to go to their gym a few times which I only had to pay $30 (Australian) for using the gym for the next thirty days as often as I want. I have been doing more observations and hands-on work ministry this week so I had more free time to relax.





Please pray for the camp that is coming up in a week that God will touch the hearts of all who will be in the camp through the preaching of God's word and the shining testimony of all Christians so that we can represent Christ to the unsaved and encourage other believers to continue to live for Christ. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment