Thursday, June 14, 2012

Final week with the Maldoffs before Adelaide (Friday, 6/8-Thursday, 6/14)


I apologize for not bringing up the updates for a while.

            On Friday, I moved to a guest house (also known as Granny Flats) which is owned by the Henders (the mother and four girls). The mother was so generous to me and gave me lots of food including apples (I have not eaten apples a long time. YAY!) I stayed there for a week before I went to Aedelie.

            On Friday night, I got to spend time with Goodwin’s family who has three sons: Adrian (16), Locklin (14), and Brady (10). We ate pizza and played video games together at the home. I also got a tour of their workshop. There were so many machines and tools in this room and I thought it was really cool. I also got to see an anvil (the black heavy object that you see in cartoons) for the first time in person.


            Finally, we went off at the night to visit the salt mine where the father works. There was a huge salt mountain in the salt mine. The boys and I got to climb the salt mountain. We had a blast.



            On Sunday, I got to teach the 2-5 year old Sunday school for the second time. I had three kids in the class that day I had a better grasp in handling the class than last week although I still had a lot to learn. After the service, we had a lunch fellowship together at the church. Even though the lunch was not all that fancy but the fellowship was great and that is the important part. I got to get to know more about some of the people in the church through our lunch fellowship.


            Tuesday and Wednesday were a huge stretch for me. I got to teach Sarah’s class (grade 9-10) at the Christian school on Tuesday. On Wednesday, I got to teach all four classes that Mrs. Christy Maldoff would have taught in Buronga and Golgol School as well as the Teen Bible Study that evening at the church. Last week I taught five classes all together. Wednesday, I taught five classes. The Maldoffs are certainly gave me a lot of teaching experience from the ages of 2 to 19. Well, part 1 of 3 of my Australia trip is done. I can say that I have seen God has been working in my life with children and with teaching. I would never thought I would be teaching so much in front of many children before I came to Australia. I thank God for his strength for your prayers in this trip. Now, I am off to Adelaide.

No comments:

Post a Comment