Sunday, July 1, 2012

Counting Down the Days before Camp (Thursday, 6/28-Sunday, 7/1

I am enjoying my last few days at Australia. I got to go to the Adult Bible Study on Thursday Morning. On Friday, I spend some time with one of the church families. We played several games of table tennis and then we went one of the malls nearby to get some refreshments and some sightseeing. After that, we had dinner together with the church family. I enjoyed the fellowship that I had with this family. That evening, we went to Youth Group where we got to make milkshakes. We were divided into 5 teams and to see who can make the best milkshake. It was pretty and milkshakes actually tasted pretty decent.


That night, I gave a devotion to all the people on being doers of the word and not hearers only (James 1:22-27). The key to be a doer of the word is looking continually on Jesus Christ that we may do what the word of God says. The Lord blessed with the devotion and for the rest of the night, I played basketball with the group in the gym.

On Saturday, we had Men's breakfast together where Evangelist Fraser Young gave a devotion to us. There were about twenty-five men in the breakfast and the breakfast was good. The men did a great job cooking the bacon and the egg sunny side up. After breakfast, Luke ,one of the men in the church who I have met a camp last year, took me to the Christian bookstore called the Koorong. Luke works in this bookstore. This store have a wide variety of Christian books and DVDs. I even got a few books myself.

On Sunday, Evangelist Fraser Young preached two great messages (both Sunday morning and Sunday evening)that had touched my heart and other hearts also. Also in Sunday evening, we did a men's trio for the song special God of Heaven (I played the piano). This is one of the songs that the  choir sang at Pensacola Christian College for the Horton's Diamond Jubilee Concert. I thank God that the song turned out well and that the people were blessed by the song. I said farewell to Southwest Baptist Church. Now I am on my way to camp.

Pray for us that God will work with us with each individual at camp. Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment